Beans are loaded with nutrients that our bodies crave :
Beans are vegetable, but contain the valuable protein that is often associated with meat. This makes them an ideal alternative to meat for vegetarians.
2. Fibers (soluble and insoluble fibers)
3. B-Vitamins, which are necessary for healthy brain and nerve cells, for normal functioning of the skin, nerves and digestive system.
4. Calcium for strong bones and teeth and to help keep the body more alkaline, rather that acidic.
5. Potassium, helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
6. Folate, helps protect against heart disease and cancer.
Beans are cholesterol-free, contain no-saturated fat and are low in total fat. It can help to prevent anemia because it is rich in vitamins and minerals especially iron. Beans are also an excellent to prevent and treat diabetes. Beans have a low glycaemic index (rate at which a food raises the blood sugar), and it provide sustained energy while slowly being released into the blood stream.
Product Application with Beans or Bean Flours :
- Canned Products
- Fried Beans / Roasted Beans
- Beans Soup
- Extruded Snack
- etc. Our product range of Bean Flours which already MUI-Halal certified:
- Pinto Bean Flour
- Green Mung Bean Flour
- Red Kidney Bean Flour
Reference formulation *) U.S. Red Beans & Rice
U.S. Red Kidney Bean
Lard or Vegetable Oil
Onion, coarsely chopped
Smoked Sausages, sliced or cubed
Salt & pepper to taste
- Sort U.S. Beans. Wash and soak overnight. Drain, then rinse the soaked U.S. Beans with cold water. Transfer U.S. Beans to a pot and cover with water. Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, saute 1/3 of onion and celery in lard or vegetable oil until translucent. Add 1/3 of the sausage. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the sauteed mixture to the U.S. Beans. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf and creole seasoning. Simmer for 1 hour and add 1/3 of the uncooked sausages. Add 1/3 of the onions and celery. Cook for another 1-1.5 hours.
- In another pan, saute the remaining sausage just until golden. Set aside briefly.
- Add the sauteed sausage, and the rest of the onions and celery to the U.S. Bean mixture. Cook for another 1-1.5 hours.
- Put rice in a platter. Top with cooked U.S. Beans and garnish with parsley. Serve hot. Morning Glory & U.S. Bean Muffin
Sifted all-purpose Flour
U.S. Navy Bean Flour
Cloves or allspice
Grated or Shredded Carrots
Apple, peeled cored and shredded
Angel Flake or Tender Fresh™ Coconut
Dried Pineapple, soaked briefly in hot water then drained
Grated Orange or Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add carrots, apples, coconut and dried pineapple.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and grated zest. Stir liquid ingredients in dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
*) From the “U.S. DRY PEA, BEAN & LENTIL COOK BOOK” Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.